Notwithstanding the outcome of Brexit and whether or not this occurs on 31 October 2019, Triflex (UK) Limited acknowledge that rigorous measures need to be taken to ensure the continuity of our supply chain to our customers given every foreseeable eventuality.
Our Brexit planning has again involved not only our UK operation but our partners in the Triflex Group in mainland Europe and our logistics partners. The main measures we have taken are as follows:
- Additional secure storage has been secured and UK stocks of the most commonly used products are in the process of being trebled prior to 31 October 2019;
- Triflex manufacturing facility in Germany, our import haulier and their import agent are all Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) certified. The main benefits of AEO certification in the event of Brexit are:
- Greater access to priority clearance
- Reduced administration
- Increased transport security
- Fewer delays in despatch
- Improved security between supply chain partners
- Quicker access to certain customs procedures including some of the HMRC safety and security procedures.
- Based on HMRC guidance, Triflex (UK) Limited has obtained an Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) number;
- Triflex (UK) Limited has the further option to draw from a variety of Triflex Group warehouses throughout Europe and including Switzerland to allow the maximum flexibility in import routes.
Based on the above measures and ongoing liaison with our logistics partners we do not foresee any significant supply chain issues as a result of Brexit.
For further information, please feel free to contact us.